The Hospice Council of West Virginia is a non-profit organization that includes all 20 hospices in the state. Our mission is to promote hospice and palliative care concepts in West Virginia. We believe all West Virginians deserve quality of care throughout serious illness and at the end of life. Don’t wait to learn how hospice and community palliative care can help you.
Hospice: It’s about how you LIVE!
If you are searching for a hospice, remember hospice will come to you and there may not be an administrative office close even though there’s a local hospice team!
- Find the hospice closest to you or your loved one.
- Learn how hospice helps with grief and loss.
- Learn about advance care planning and how it’s a gift to your family.
- Resources for Grief in the Pandemic- The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for health care workers to have more resources available for people who are grieving. It is especially important for those who have experienced the sudden death of a Read more…
- Senior Care Options in West Virginia: a free resource- Many aging adults are unaware of the available care options and programs that can help them maintain their independence and quality of life. There is now a free resource that provides comprehensive information on topics Read more…
- Palliative Care Awareness Month- Governor Justice has proclaimed that November is Palliative Care Awareness Month. The majority of West Virginians do not know what palliative care is. Palliative care is very different from hospice. Whereas there is a special Read more…